Financial Strategist (Paraplanning)
(Australian Paraplanning Certification is on us! )
What is a paraplanner and what do they do?
Initially, you will be employed as a Paraplanning Assistant/ Compliance Checker working with our experienced team of Paraplanners to provide quality checking of strategy documents and to assist them in their role as you learn the ropes.
You will then have the opportunity to move into the paraplanning role and will be responsible for the provision of strategic input to produce financial plans using financial planning software.
- Prepare Statement of Advice documents and update Statement of Advice templates
- Prepare Record of Advice documents
- Prepare financial planning file notes
- Perform financial modelling
- Compare different financial planning modelling scenarios for clients
- Prepare personal insurance cover quotes
- Enter client data into financial planning software (popular software programs are COIN, Xplan & Midwinter)
- Follow up information from fund managers, share registries & banks
- Prepare client review documents related to investment strategy and portfolio re-weighting
- Update or be trained in financial planning software when new versions are released.
- Keep up-to-date with technical knowledge, PD schedules & appropriate strategies
- Client facing tasks that require providing quality service to our clients through direct meetings via zoom, online messages or phone conversations.
Minimum Hiring Requirement
- Graduates of Accountancy, Business Administration – Major in Mgt Acctg, Management, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Tech and other related courses
- At least 2 years completion of the said courses + 2 years work experience
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency or familiarity with Google Workspace
- Excellent communication and report-making skills
- Ability to analyze data and run scenarios
- Good understanding of compliance issues
- Willingness to undergo an 8-week training for the Australian accredited Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning (formerly known as RG 146 Certification)